Stephen L. Hester – Principal (Ext. 222)
Angie Phillips –Dean of Academics (Ext. 266)
Tina Morris – Office Manager (Ext. 256)
Donna Beaver – Receptionist (Ext. 0)
Harriett Tillett – Director of Student Services (Ext. 223)
Welcome from the Principal...
Welcome to Bethel Hill Charter School, a North Carolina Public School of Choice. We are a K-6 school featuring Saxon Phonics, Saxon Math, Common Core State Standards, and Core Knowledge Curriculums. Students are nurtured in a safe environment and excel academically in a small class setting.
The mission of Bethel Hill Charter School is to lay the foundation for individual excellence.
The vision of Bethel Hill Charter School is to work in partnership with staff, families and community to promote high academic standards and strong character. This is accomplished in a safe, positive, multicultural environment.
- Daily parental academic support is a priority for student success.
- Character, respect and a strong work ethic are critical to student success.
- Students learn best in a low teacher-student ratio.
- A balanced literacy approach is essential to student learning in all content areas.
- Broad and deep background knowledge, supported by the Core Knowledge curriculum, is significant to student success.
- Innovative strategies are essential in meeting the learning needs of individual
Coming Events - Please mark your calendars!
Thursday, January 29, 2015 2nd Kindergarten Registration Mtg. – 10:00 am (Priority Students)
Tuesday, February 3, 2015 3rd Kindergarten Registration Mtg. – 7:00pm (Open Enrollment)
Friday, February 6, 2015 1st & 2nd Grade Field Trip 8:30am - 2:30pm
Monday, February 9, 2015 Jump Rope for Heart Assembly 1:45pm
Tuesday, February 10. 2015 Central Piedmont Spelling Bee at Noble Academy
Monday, February 16, 2015 5th and 6th Grade Science Projects Due
Wednesday, February 18, 2015 Jump Rope for Heart – PE Classes
Thursday, February 19, 2015 BHCS Board Meeting - 7:00pm
Friday, February 20, 2015 End of 4th 6 weeks Grading Period
Monday, February 23, 2015 3rd and 4th Grade Science Projects Due
Monday - Thursday, February 23-26, 2014 "BHCS Spirit Week"
Thursday, February 26, 2015 4th Kindergarten Registration Mtg.–10:00am – (Open Enrollment)
Kindergarten Enrollment for 2015-16 – **Last Day to be considered in the Lottery for 2015-16 Enrollment!
Faculty vs. 6th Grade Basketball Game – 7:00pm
Friday, February 27, 2015 No School – (Snow Makeup Day if Needed)
Monday, March 2, 2015 No School – (Snow Makeup Day if Needed)
Wednesday, March 4, 2015 Lottery – K= 10:00am; 1st-5th Grades = 1:30pm
News and Announcements
Let's Get Ready for BHCS Science Fair 2015!
*****SCIENCE FAIR BOARDS ARE HERE!!! $4.00 EACH!!! *****
It is now time to start preparing for our upcoming Science Fair here at BHCS. Under our Students link there is a Science Fair link where you will find information on the steps required to complete the project as well as a copy of the rubric which the teachers will use to score each project for grading purposes.
Please take note of the due dates as they are a little different this year. All 5th and 6th grade projects will be due on Monday, February 16, 2015. The 3rd and 4th grade projects will be due on Monday, February 23, 2015. All projects are due on their specified day so that they may be judged.
Project boards will be available for purchase in the office during conferences. The cost will be $4.00 per board. If you have any questions in regards to the project, please feel free to contact Angie Phillips at 336.599.2823 extension 266.
Yearbooks on Sale Now!
It's time to purchase your child's 2014-2015 school yearbook! You may order through the flyer sent home from your child's school or pay online.
Just go to ybpay.lfetouch.com and enter our Yearbook ID Code: 2874015 .
Basic yearbooks are priced at $16.00 with options for various extras that can be added to each package.
Coming Again to BHCS this Summer!
July 6 - July 10 from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Alumni save $35 if registered by Monday, February 16, 2015.
- New participants save $25 if registered by Friday, March 20, 2015. Returning participants save $25 when registering between February 16 and March 20.
- Campers registering March 21, 2015 through May 13, 2015 save $15 when using the promo code SPRING.
- For those registering two siblings, a $25 discount is valid all season long. Families with 3 or more siblings taking part in the program save $50 per child.
Congratulations to our students!
DARE Essay Winners
BHCS Spelling Bee Winners
Maddie Clark - First Place
Madeline Moore - Runner Up
Maddie and Madeline will represent BHCS at the Central Piedmont Independent
Spelling Bee on February 10 at Noble Academy in Greensboro.
Good Luck to you both!